Get your order FAST!
2-3 day Delivery
Wicked Edge Scissor Attachment
The Wicked Edge Scissor Attachment fits directly into any Wicked Edge sharpener and gives you complete control of the angle for precise scissor sharpening.
How to Sharpen Scissors with the Wicked Edge Scissor Attachment
1. Mount the Scissor Attachment in your sharpener's vise as shown in the picture above. If you are right handed, place the attachment in the vise with the logo on the attachment facing to the right. If you are left handed, place the attachment in the vise with the logo on the attachment facing to the left.
2. Position your scissors in the Scissor Attachment so they are approximately centered in the attachment as shown in the picture above. Tighten the shorter thumb screw first to hold the scissors in place, then tighten the longer thumb screw to firmly clamp your scissors.
3. Use a marker to color in the entire bevel. Your L-bracket should be slightly loose on the Degree Bar and free to slide in and out. Using one of your fine stones, lightly rub your edge to test your angle. If the marker is removed at the top of the bevel and not the bottom, your angle is too wide. If the marker is removed from the bottom of the bevel and not the top, your angle is too narrow. Find the angle where the marker is removed evenly from the entire bevel. Then tighten the bottom screw on your L-bracket to secure your Guide Rod to the Degree Bar.
4. Sharpen your Scissors using an up-and-down motion with the stone. If your scissors are in bad shape you'll probably want to start with a 400 grit diamond stone. If you scissors are already fairly sharp you can start with the 600 or 800 grit diamond stones. Sharpen until all the marker is removed and check for a burr along the entire length of the blade. Continue sharpening as needed until the burr is present then progress through your stones until you've achieved the finish you desire.
5. Remove the Scissors from the clamp, turn them over, and mount the other side. Then repeat the above process. When both sides of the scissors have been sharpened close them together to knock off any burrs. You can also pull them backwards very lightly along a leather strop to remove the burrs.